Toronto Targeted Individuals
(Meeting Minutes: November 6th, 2016)
(6PM at 483 Bloor Street W)
Members: Present: Joshua Byer, Galina Kurdina,William Edward, Terry Parker Jr., Manan Paul ( via telephone ), Sherry Podolchuk ( via telephone )
· Meeting started as scheduled
1. Review collection of signatures for petition ( almost done !!! )
- Signatures have almost reached the 2000 mark, which was the goal.
- Galina and William still have a couple signatures they are going to deliver at a later date.
- William suggested we make several photocopies of all the signatures, this was deemed a good idea.
- The group is going to deliver a copy of the petition and all the signatures to all the MPs in Toronto.
- William will help do the photocopies and go in to see the MP with Joshua.
2. Update on website
- Joshua has completed a slideshow for Terry and added it to his website.
- Joshua is going to add a Frequently Asked Question section
- Joshua is going to add a page containing details about Physical Control of the Mind by Jose Delgado
3. Review Online Publicity Program.
- The groups online publicity program has gotten some positive feedback from the community.
- People are proud of the work we do and want us to continue doing it.
- We will continue to write about our work on Facebook.
4. Review recent attendance of community events
- The group has recently attended a National Security Townhall and an Independent Police Review.
- Both events proved excellent venues for getting our message out there.
- Members who attended the events had positive experiences.
- The group will continue to look for similar events and go to them.
5. Review Rohinie’s case
- We have not been able to get a lawyer for Rohinie.
- Joshua, Galina and Terry have all contacted lawyers without success.
- Joshua and Galina are going to be meeting with Karen Rich who has promised to provide useful information on Dec 10th.
- Without having a lawyer in place, it is not worthwhile to decide what kind of evidence we would want presented.
- Rohinie is still not sending or receiving mail.
- Terry mentioned possible fear from lawyers considering taking on this case.
6. Discus what to do next in regards to Rohinie
- Terry and Galina both have potential lawyers they have not yet contacted.
- Many other Lawyers can be found online.
- The group is going to meet up and call these lawyers.
- A script is going to be prepared for the phone calls, we are also going to anticipate potential questions.
- Going to approach this problem in an intelligent manner, solve whatever problem is stopping lawyers from working with us.
- Galina and Karen will be visiting with Rohinie soon.
7. Discuss upcoming media story with Mitch Weiss
- Galina has been interviewed by Mitch twice over the last month.
- Mitch has promised to come down to Toronto.
- Recently, he has not been in contact with our members.
- We are going to keep in contact with him, he have his contact information.
- Terry is going to give him a call and offer his unique experiences for the upcoming article.
8. Discuss what future events group should attend
- No one in the group knew of any upcoming events in the area on this subject matter.
9. Discus what would make the website more useful
- No one had any great ideas for things that could be added to the website.
10. Brainstorm plans for the future
- Terry recommended that we contact James Sears who has a TV program which aired Terry’s case in the past.
- Joshua wanted to go as a small group to Human Rights Organizations in Toronto and see if they can provide us with any resources or affiliations.
- William and Joshua will go to Amnesty International’s offices in Toronto.
- The group is working on getting more comfortable meeting spaces, reserved areas.
- William and Joshua are both in the application process with community centers ( for meeting space ).
- Galina wanted to contact private investigators and neuro scientists / doctors.
- Joshua will assist in contacting neuroscientists and related doctors in the area.
- The group has expressed interest in meeting more often, from now on we are going to be meeting twice a week.
11. Inspire members to be more active
- The group as a whole has attended events successfully over the past month.
- We are now motivated to meet more often.
- New people have expressed interest in working with us.
12. Call Manan Paul
- The group called Manan and talked about what was discussed during the meeting.
- He is not doing so well and doesn’t think he can go back to work.
- Expressed a willingness to do work for the group.
13. Call Sherry Podolchuk
- The group called Sherry and talked about what was discussed during the meeting.
- She recommended that we start an online support group.
- She still plans on sending a letter to the governor general with our petition.
- She is also working on other projects in this area.